Friday, January 4, 2008

Terrible 2 1/2?

So Noah has always been such a good boy, and I was happy when he turned two and he was still a good boy. Well that has all gone away. The 2 1/2 stage has come in full force and it is scary.

Let me just let you what I have been experiencing. Well other than him peeing his pants (he has been potty trained since he was two), he is kicking, hitting, throwing everything in sight, coloring on his arms, throwing his food on the floor while I change Gwen's diaper, peeing on the couch and climbing on everything, including the kitchen table. And most of all he refuses to take naps anymore, which makes for an even longer day. Luckily he does sleep much longer at night now, but it is a toss up between the two.

I can say this, at least he hasn't tried to do those things to Gwen, yet.

I still love him, but he is driving me crazy and trying my patience like no other. If any of you have some good suggestions as to help me with my son during this phase, I would really appreciate. Or maybe just some support or sympathy!

Thanks.

4 comments:

Alexis said...

Sophie really had a hard time for a little while after Nora was born so hopefully after some adjusting he will go back to his previous self! I am worried about Nora after our baby comes. I think she'll have a harder time than Sophie did. Good luck! It's so much harder to be a good mom when your lacking in sleep, too! The kids sure are cute!!

Bart said...

The Love and Logic stuff isn't magic (proof: our kids still drive us nuts) but it unquestionably makes a big difference. Wanna borrow the book?

If it's any consolation, from an outside perspective Noah seemed like a dream child when we came over last week. We just love that little guy!

Ware Family said...

Jackson skipped the terrible twos and went right to the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad threes. I hate it. I bought the Love and Logic book and I'm really liking how it teaches to discipline without getting so angry. Lately Jackson has been being nasty "just because" and it's driving me insane, so that book has really helped, I definitely recommend it. Either way, I feel your pain. It's not fun!

Hess Fam said...

Marie how cute is your family! Hey we live so close! I am in Kaysville! I love it out here do you? Anyways cute kids cute fam! I just laughed when I saw your terrible twos because Madi did the same thing and I always wondered if it was because of the new baby or because of her age. but it passed so hopefully noah's will too good luck!