Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Awesome read!

For those of you who haven't read Shannon Hale, shame on you. She is a wonderful author. Here is the most recent book I have read from her.
"Book of a Thousand Days"


This book is writing in diary form and I could not put it down. Usually I take quite a while to read a book, I'm not the fastest reader and the book really has to catch my interest in order for me to continue on. Well this one did and my children were sadly neglected on Monday.

I started this Sunday night and ended up staying up until almost 1am. I didn't even realize what time it was and how much I read because of how this book is written. There are no chapters, just a diary of a lady's maid and her lady. They are locked in a brick tower and it is the story of what happens. It is a great book.

This is a juvenile book, but I am still a teenager at heart I guess. It is an easy read and really interesting. I suggest you try it out.

You can also read her other books: Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets (series), there is also the Princess Academy, which I need to get from my sister, Cindy, to read next.

Happy reading!!!

3 comments:

trish said...

I have another book of hers you need to read too, "Austenland". Its a pretty good one! Also, I think she is writing a 4th book in the Goose Girl series! Woo Hoo

Joan said...

Thank you! Thank you! I am always up for a good read. I will definitely check this one out :)

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

So excited, I'll put it on my list. Come over, and I'll let you borrow a bunch of books....and maybe, we can start a local book club! Come visit us soon.