Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Binky = Goodnight Sleep for Mommy & Baby!

So Gwen is almost 10-months old and you think she would be able to sleep through the night without a feeding, but I have only been lucky that way a select few times. Well last night I was done. When she woke up crying after only sleeping 4 hours I refused to go in and nurse her.

Well earlier that night when Jason was getting her out of the car she started to cry and we found out that she wanted her binky. I have mostly been just giving it to her to play with. Both my kids never showed interest in a binky and I didn't care to push it on them at all.

Well apparently I have a binky baby now. I think she just needs something to suck on to comfort her back to sleep and I don't care one little bit. Granted I may eat my words when she is older and I can't get her to give up the thing, but for now I will enjoy my sleep and my happy baby!

Also working on the weaning thing. I love nursing, but I think I am nearing the end. Hopefully Gwen will not be too upset about the whole thing!

2 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Good for you....on all accounts. You deserve some sleep....and heck, so does your beautiful baby....

Joanna McGuire said...

That is good you figured something out to help that cute girl sleep. Hope you have been enjoying your rest now.