Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Got MILK!

So I decided that my little baby girl is so smart. Today she was really cranky. So I looked over and she signed Milk! (See here how it is done: http://babystrology.blogspot.com/2008/03/baby-sign-language-milk.html)

I was proud of her. Noah didn't produce his first sign until he was over a year and she is just 10 months old. They do say girl's communication part of the brain develops faster than a boy's. My little Gwen is just proof that is true!

For those of you who don't know I got my degree in American Sign Language, so it makes me really happy when my children are able to sign as well. Plus it is nice for them to communicate when they can't speak yet.

Oh, she also signs "done" or "finished" when she is done eating at her high chair. She has been doing this one for a while now. So I guess Milk isn't her first sign, but she did it without me even prompting her. WAY TO GO MY LITTLE GENIUS!

That is all for now. I just had to brag a little.

7 comments:

Ware Family said...

YAY Gwen! I can't believe it, that's amazing. I always think about doing signing with my kids when they're babies, but I am always too lazy. Jackson, however has been interested in learning signs this past 18 months though, so that's something.
I didn't know you graduated in ASL, that's cool. Just natural to teach it to your kids.

Erin said...

So cute! I love that! Chloe is really good at more, but thats about it:)

Marissa said...

Sydney signed a little before she learned to talk and it was so helpful! I think I would like to do more with my next kid. So cool that you got your degree in ASL!

Alexis said...

what a smarty pants! oh - and I think it's great that she has a bink - as you know we are big fans.... :)

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Awesome! That is fantastic....

I can't wait to see it!

I have your stuff at my house...plus, choir is doing an "open house" THIS Saturday (13th) at the Community Center...it's a 9 am. You and Jason should come...bring the kids to my house (or at least, bring Noah...we can take Gwen to the open house!)

Love ya!

Joanna McGuire said...

That is awesome for Gwen, good job. I can't wait to have kids and teach them signs cause I think they are really helpful.

Bethany said...

So cool! What a cool mommy and what a SMART baby! Go Gwen!