Monday, May 19, 2008

"Mommy, don't be Marie"

So this morning Noah said something he has said quite a few times now, but it just made me laugh today. When I am putting my hair up, it usually means I am going to exercise. So today Noah said to me "Mommy, don't be Marie." I realized that he keeps saying this every time I put my hair up. Maybe it is because I exercise and ignore him during that time and he doesn't like it or something.

Well Jason taught Noah that my name is Marie and sometimes he calls me that now. I usually don't answer because I want him to call me mommy.

Anyway, it is funny how his little mind works. I wonder what he'll say next.

Oh, btw pictures are coming and a video if I can get it to upload. thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

So, so cute. It's funny what kids will come up with. On Mother's Day, we were sitting in church and Jared was trying to sit next to me. Bridger turned and said, "Dad, she isn't YOUR mom, she mine, and it's Mother's Day, I'm sitting by her..." I had to laugh. So, needless to say, I sat by Bridger during church.

BTW, are you guys interested in dinner this Sunday? Let me know.

Joan said...

Kids are a heck of a lot smarter than we give them credit, don't you think?
It's as if he knows that when you exercise you aren't really "Mommy" for a little while you are taking care of "Marie" and not thinking about taking care of him.
He adores you so much he wants you and your attention ALL THE TIME. It can be quite exhausting can't it? After taking care of both Jimmie and Max and then listening to and tending to Brandon when he gets home from work I feel like, "Sheesh! When is it 'JOAN' time, for heaven sake!"

Joanna McGuire said...

That is so funny. It is so cool how there little minds work and process things.