Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Tribute song

I was preparing to sing a song in church on Mother's Day, but found out that they didn't approve the one I wanted to sing for sacrament meeting. So I decided to sing it as a tribute to my mom and sisters.

I was so happy that I could share this with my mother on Mother's Day. I barely made it through the song and you will see why.

Here are the lyrics: I am trying to download the song, but not working. It may be another posting later.

She
(Cherie Call)

She is not the picture on the magazine
She's the woman just behind you at the checkout stand
She may appear to be common but she mystifies
In all the ways the wisest men and children understand
'Cause she has eyes that sparkle with her love
And she has a smile that's as gentle as a dove
And no woman from a movie or an ad could ever hope to be
As beautiful as she

She is not a highly honored diplomat
Held responsible to lead the world to peace
But what she does is every bit as serious
Amidst the turmoil everywhere that will never cease
'Cause she has hands that wipe the tears away
And she has a voice that makes everything O.K.
And no woman from the papers or T.V. could ever hope to be
As indispensable as she

And it breaks my heart every time I see her wonder
If she means anything in this world that pulls her under
And she doesn't always see the way that Heaven smiles above her
That's the reason I try to always tell her that I love her

'Cause she may not be known for giving millions
To the charities and auctions on the news
But I believe she's given more than anyone
In all the times she's ever had to choose
To give up sleep to rock her children every night
And give her heart to always hold their dreams so tight
And the best that you or I could ever hope to be
Is as wonderful as she
And the best that you or I could ever hope to be
Is as wonderful as she

3 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I had so much fun visiting with you Saturday night. We definitely should get together soon. I'm excited that we live so close to each other! Your song was beautiful, I wish I could have heard you sing...

Marie Lefler said...

There wasn't as much singing as I thought there would be. I ended up talking half of it. Once I looked up at my family I almost lost it. It was great!

Joan said...

Wow! You wrote the music and the lyrics?! You are so talented. I am impressed. What a beautiful way to honor your Mother and all mothers for that matter.