Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

For the 4th of July we went to the Clearfield City parade. It was pretty good for a smaller down parade. For the first 10 minutes though was a parade of fire engines, ambulances and police cars. That was a little long, but later we got to see this...


I don't know what it is with pirates, but the boys sure did love this part.



Lovin' the parade.


Gwen is just completely entertained, but if we didn't pay attention she would be in the middle of the street trying to get more taffy. she's got a good sweet tooth!


These people had a trampoline and were doing flips. This was just an accident waiting to happen, although pretty cool to look at.


Hooray for parades!


We went with our friends the Lingwalls and the Bates. It was fun for all the kids to be together and fight over the candy.


Bouncy houses are so much fun!


Gwen didn't last 2 seconds in the bouncy house. So I helped her jump on the outside of it.


This big slide was the hit of the party. Even Gwen went down with me a few times and was begging to go more.


I just might be too big for this, I almost knocked the teenager down that was running it when I got up with Gwen.

We had a fun time and we were exhausted by the end of the day. We didn't even do fireworks. This just might be the last year we can get away with that. I do enjoy fireworks, but I also enjoy having happy kids at church the following morning, especially when it starts at 9am.

Hope all of you had a good 4th of July!

4 comments:

Josh and Juli said...

Looks like fun - I still think it's funny that you know the Lingwalls. It's a small world!

Bethany said...

What a fun fourth!

Sarah Lee said...

yes, getting home at 11:30 doesn't make for getting to 9 AM church on time!

Melissa said...

Looks like you had a great fourth!! I've been thinking of you SO much lately! There's a girl in my ward that I'm pretty sure is your twin. She looks, acts and even talks just like you! It's so weird!