Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Chicken & Sweet Potato dish

So this is really yummy. If you are adventurous with food, give this a try. We were pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

Title: Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry

Description:
I tried this new recipe and it turned out really good!

Ingredients:
4 T. Flour
2 T. Curry Powder (I like the yellow, mild curry)
1 t. salt
3-4 chicken breasts, diced
1-2 T. Vegetable Oil
2 C. Apple Juice
3-4 C. Sweet Potato, peeled & cubed
Chili Powder to taste (however spicy you want it)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 C. sour cream
corn starch to thicken sauce

cooked rice


Directions:
Mix flour, curry powder, & salt in zip-lock bag. Add chicken and shake until chicken is evenly coated.

Heat Oil in skillet over med-hi heat. Add chicken and fry 2-3 min. or until brown.

Stir remaining flour mixture and chili powder into apple juice (or make more if all used up and add)

Stir apple juice & sweet potatoes into chicken.

Cover and simmer 10-15 min., stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked & potatoes are tender.

Add sour cream & corn starch to thicken. Salt & pepper to taste.


Number Of Servings:4-5

Preparation Time:10 min.

2 comments:

Laurie & Clint said...

that looks like a tasty recipe! I shall have to try it. Thanks for checking out my blog. so good to see what you are up to. your family is so stinkin cute. your son looks a lot like you. Congrats! I will have to keep tabs on you now

Dori said...

Hey Marie! I don't have your email address, it's probably on here somewhere but my kids are screaming and I only have a second. My phone is 626.823.2913. Sorry, I don't have mike's # memorized, have Jason give me a call and I will get him all the contact info. Cute Blog and kids!