Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eventful night

So Jason has been trying to get over a cold for a few weeks now, but he still has a bad cough, and sometimes he sneezes. Well last night, while he was getting ready for bed, he sneezed and woke Noah up. Usually Noah just cries for a few minutes and goes back to sleep. Well he started to call out for Jason after crying for like 10-min. So Jason went in to help him go back to sleep.

Well that little stinker would go back to sleep. He kept claiming that he was awake, and that he didn't need to go to sleep. This was at about 10:30 pm. So we decided to just let him cry himself to sleep. After a half hour of crying, I went in and tried to calm him down. He did okay until I told him that I needed to go to my bed and sleep. He just screamed and screamed, so I took away his bear and his favorite blanket, and told him if he stopped he would get it back. He didn't stop, so about 11:30 he started screaming louder, and Gwen was starting to wake up. So Jason went in there.

Well Noah was crying to much that he started coughing, and when he does that he make himself gag and throw up. Jason caught most of it, but he yelled for me to get a towel or something. I grabbed my towel and started for him. Well, Jason couldn't see that I had a towel and we kind of ran into each other, so needless to say, it got all over the floor.

We had to clean up the carpet, bathroom floor, Noah's bed, and Noah. We all didn't get to bed until well after midnight. Luckily Noah went to sleep. I don't think he liked that he threw up, so he was more obedient to go to bed.

We are all a little tired today, but surviving. We are praying that tonight is better. Any suggestions to help my little Noah not freak out when we try to put him to bed? He always finds every possible excuse not to go to bed. So much fun being a parent.

3 comments:

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

I think Chloe is suffering from something similar, except it's not just at bedtime. Up until last week she was a little angel all the time. You barely even knew she was there. Last week she suddenly became super clingy and emotional. Every time I put her down she screams and cries and freaks out until I pick her back up again. It's unbearable, and Zach and I are about as sleep deprived as we were when she came home from the hospital!!! Yes- it IS so much fun being a parernt.
I think that the only thing you can do is do your best and wait for the phase to pass.
:0(

Leslie said...

I had no idea we would lose more sleep having toddlers than having newborns! Yet, we have had many similar nights to you with Noah. It is so aggravating! The twins have boycotted nap time in favor of practicing their wrestling moves and pulling out each others hair. I need nap time like I need my right arm! But at night: we are fine with our kids staying up and playing quietly in their room, but the second they start goofing off or leave the room, we threaten to turn the night light off and they immediately go to sleep! So that's my only suggestion is a nightlight and books, they eventually get bored and konk out! Sad that the only advice I have to offer is to threaten them. :) Our kids totally stall before bedtime too. The mind games of a toddler!! Good luck and I hope this phase ends quickly!!!

Laura said...

Hi Marie :) I have a blog now so that I can keep in touch better. You have such a cute family and it'd be fun to see your little girl some time. Asher is a fun 8 month old now :) You should check out my blog! By the way, sorry if I upset you back at Kathryn's shower... another thing, I totally have your telephone number from when we were kids memorized! Love, Laura